197 W Verano Ave
Sonoma, CA 95476
The Sonoma County Agricultural Preservation and Open Space District is launching the Vital Lands Initiative – a comprehensive plan that will guide the District’s work through 2031 and beyond. Building on our 25+ years of successful land conservation work, the initiative will outline strategies for protecting our most precious open space lands to preserve agriculture, natural resources, recreation, scenic vistas, greenbelt areas, and urban open space.
The Vital Lands Initiative will:
- Use the best available science, data and technical information
- Include significant community input and involvement
- Outline clear strategies for conserving land
- Create an opportunity to build on the last 25+ years of land conservation
- Enhance partnerships with community groups and organizations
We want to hear from you!
Please join us at one or all of the following meetings to let us know what agricultural and open space lands are important to protect in your community and countywide!
Vital Lands Initiative Community Meetings | 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- March 14 – Healdsburg Community Center, Healdsburg
- March 15 – El Molino High School Library, Forestville
- March 21 – Petaluma Community Center, Petaluma
- March 29 – Santa Rosa Veterans Building – Dining Room, Santa Rosa
- March 30 – Finnish American Heritage Hall, Sonoma
Please use this form to RSVP for these meetings.