ON APRIL 29th, WE TAKE ACTION FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS
April 29th caps the first 100 days of the Trump presidency. Across the country, we will gather, rally, march and act in defense of justice, jobs, peace and planet.
We invite you to join the Peoples Climate Movement – Bay Area in Oakland on Saturday, April 29th to:
- Advance solutions to the climate crisis rooted in racial, social and economic justice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
- Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
- Immediately stop attacks on immigrants, communities of color, indigenous and tribal people and lands and workers.
- Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
- Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.
- Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.
- Demilitarize U.S. foreign policy, reduce military spending and shift budget priorities to meet urgent social needs.
Join us on April 29 as we come together to resist and take action for our families, our communities and our planet today and for generations to come.
The event will kickoff with a welcome speech from Barbara Lee and Greg Akili. This family-friendly event will feature local community members, climate activists, interfaith communities, musical and spoken word performances, information booths, and a variety of hands-on activities for all ages. The procession around the lake will start at 3:00 at the Lake Merritt Amphitheater.
Transition Sonoma Valley ENDORSED the 2015 precursor to this event. We invite you to join us, to volunteer, and to GET INVOLVED in whatever ways you can.
Transportation: BART currently plans to close Lake Merritt Station for maintenance on April 29, there will be a bus bridge between Fruitvale and 19th Street Stations, with a stop at Lake Merritt Station from Fruitvale. See https://peoplesclimatebayarea.org/ or https://www.bart.gov/ for the most up to date travel information.
People’s Climate Movement – Bay Area event will be followed locally by the Environmental Justice Contingent in the Oakland May Day rally and march, starting at Fruitvale BART Plaza at 3 p.m. on May 1.